Main topics

ديسمبر 26، 2009

The Country on the map is no longer mine

 The Apartheid Wall- qnuckx cc0/ Flickr
I used to learn that Palestine was about 27.000 square kilometers, now I know that this fact is no more true. I have to look at it from a different side, maybe I have to count the places we're still living in. Or did I look at the map upside down again? This could explain why the new Palestine has shrunk to 6000 square kilometers, including many settlements.
This is the new Palestine and it is hard fo me to look at it on the map. I used to listen to the names of locations that were belonging to us, places or locations that were on the map years and ages ago, I knew that many of the names I read in books, like Haifa, Nazareth, Tiberias, Akka, etc, were ours. Now they belong to Israel. And I wonder if I'll ever have the chance to visit them.

I know from my grandfathers that those cities used to be full of palestinian inhabitants, but now they are controlled by Israel, and we are hardly permitted to go there for a visit, should the Israeli even allow us to apply for a permission...

Sometimes, while discussing this and that with my colleagues at work, we realize that we are always end up talking about Palestine. What a dialogue is that if we can't finish our conversations talking about something else? We're always talking about the dilemma of Palestine's position amidst the Mediterranean Arab countries and the dilemma of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and the resolutions of international legitimacy and the people who intervened to resolve this conflict...

Some foreigner friends of mine are blaming me for not being a decision-maker or at least not being an presenter on our policy. They don't know that politics can merely be a revolt against the laws from the same people and the governors. If they were Palestinians, they wouldn't ask about the reasons that create those rebellions.

Well, how can I describe my feelings talking about the shortened Palestine, about the pain that we're experiencing day after day? I know how I may end my article, even though one sentence won't change anything, since Palestine is no longer mine.

I DO NOT REGRET NOT BEING SOMEONE ELSE

* The "Har Homa" settlement on Bethlehem\beit sahour land- Enass/an-nathra



* The "Har Homa" settlement on Bethlehem\beit sahour land- Enass/an-nathra



*The settlement "Ma'ale Adumim"on your way to Ramallah- Enass /an-nathra


*The settlement "Ma'ale Adumim"on your way to Ramallah- Enass /an-nathra


* Qalandia's wall in Ramallah- Enass/an-nathra



* Jaba'a Checkpoint, the way to Ramallah- Enass/an-nathra



* Container checkpoint, on the way of Ramallah- Enass/an-nathra


Photos :

* The Apartheid Wall- qnuckx cc0/ Flickr
* The "Har Homa" settlement on Bethlehem\beit sahour land- Enass
* The "Har Homa" settlement on Bethlehem\beit sahour land- Enass
*The settlement "Ma'ale Adumim"on your way to Ramallah- Enass
* The settlement "Ma'ale Adumim"- Enass
* Qalandia's wall in Ramallah- Enass
* Jaba'a Checkpoint, the way to Ramallah- Enass
* Container checkpoint, on the way of Ramallah- Enass

هناك تعليقان (2):

  1. we will witness the day in which Palestine will get back her freedom , after we her sons defeat her enemies and take what is ours.

    Enass , nice pictures
    & great article

    ردحذف
  2. Thank you Bushra, it was something i felt then i wrote. Wish you the best
    Enass Bannoura

    ردحذف